When you sign up to TIBCO Cloud as a new user, you are assigned an organization and you become its owner. After you become an organization owner, you can, among other things, create child organizations.
A child organization is an organization created and owned by a TIBCO Cloud account holder within an organization, making it a child organization. For the procedure to create a child organization, see the Managing Child Organization topic.
- All organization owners become the owners of the child organizations.
- Child organizations can have their own subscriptions.
Note: Although there is a limit to the number of child organizations that an organization owner can create, you can contact the TIBCO Support team to modify this limit.
Behavior of Child Organizations
The following points describe the behavior of child organizations:
If you enable the option to inherit subscriptions from parent organization, then at the time when you create a child organization, only the active purchase order subscriptions of TIBCO Cloud™ Integration or TIBCO Cloud™ AuditSafe are inherited.
Note: When you are creating a child organization, the active subscriptions that are copied to the child organization are the ones which you have purchased in the region that you are currently signed in to.
For example, if you are signed in to the EU region at the time of creating a child organization, only the active subscriptions from the EU region are copied to the child organization.
- At the time of creating a child organization, the organization users (owners and members) existing in the parent organization are copied to the child organization.
- If you enable the option to sync users when creating a child organization, any of the add, update, or delete operations performed on a user of a parent organization are synchronized in all its child organizations.
- When you remove organization users (owners and members) from the organization, they are removed from its child organizations. For the procedure to remove owners or members, see Removing Members. However, if only ownership privileges are removed, the users continue to be members of the organization.
- When subscriptions in an organization expire, they also expire in all the child organizations.
- Child organization owners can sign up for trial subscriptions independently.